Click HERE to view the final projects
on the FC Library private YouTube channel.
1. Discuss the continuities and changes of women in the
2. Discuss the continuities and changes of women in
3. Discuss the continuities and changes in the
4. Discuss the continuities and changes of the diaspora
of the Jewish people from Ancient Roman times
until the foundation of Israel.
5. Compare 2 epidemics that occurred in human history
and the role that they played in the society it ravaged.
6. Compare the empire of the Mughals of South Asia
with that of the Manchu of East Asia.
7. Compare 2 independence movements in Latin America.
8. Compare the development of African and New World
societies: Africa(Ghana, Songhay, Mali), and
New World(Maya, Inca, Aztec).
9. Compare 2 of the Period 3 important new trading cities:
Timbuktu, The Swahili city-states, Baghdad,
10. Compare the Vikings and the Huns.
11. Compare European Feudalism with Feudalism in Japan.
Office Mix Basics
Creating & saving your Office Mix file:
- Open a PowerPoint file
- Check to make sure you have the MIX tab on your Powerpoint toolbar
- Save it as a .pptx file
- SAVE often!!! Every time you add content to a slide, make sure to SAVE!
- Save your images in a separate image folder
- Make sure to save the full-size image, not the small thumbnail
- Don't crowd a slide with lots of text - it will be difficult to read!
- Follow the 6 x 6 guideline: no more than six rows of text, no more than 6 words per line
- Use a clean and simple font
- Avoid busy, decoartive fonts
- Make sure there is strong contrast between the font color and background color
- Avoid animated (moving) art - this does not work well in a movie
- This is being converted to a movie so avoid transitions between slides
- Connect the headphones to your laptop via USB
- Double-check the settings to make sure the headphones are detected
- Check the headphone volume settings in your laptop control panel
- Make sure the little red light is NOT ON on your headphone/mic - the sound is muted when the red light is on and you cannot record
- Select the MIX tab at the top of your window
- Click on the slide that will corresponds to your audio narration
- Divide your narration into "chunks" - spread it out across all the slides, not just on one
- Select "Slide Recording" to begin your narration
- Preview your slide recording - listen to the playback
- You can delete the recording and record again, or keep it
- SAVE after each recording!