Research the Right Way
- Why is it essential to integrate technology into the research process to support information literacy?
- How do I integrate technology into the research process?
- What technologies are available to support the research process?
- Introduce a structured research process to build a foundation of tiered research skills
- Apply this process to small and large-scale research projects
- Introduce technologies to support and engage students in the research process
- Provide Web 2.0 tools and available software that suppor the research process
The Big 6
"Developed by Mike Eisenberg and Bob Berkowitz, the Big6 is the most widely known and widely used approach to teaching information and technology skills in the world. Used in thousands of K-12 schools, higher education institutions, and corporate and adult training programs, the Big6 information problem-solving model is applicable whenever people need and use information. The Big6 integrates information search and use skills along with technology tools in a systematic process to find, use, apply, and evaluate information for specific needs and tasks."
-Taken from The Big 6 Skills Website
To learn more about the Big 6, visit big6.com. It includes access to resources, ideas, and featured research on the importance of incorporating a structured research model to support and enhance information literacy.